Hair Loss Treatment
- About Us
- Hair Loss Treatment
- Aloe Vera Treatment
- Natural Herbal Home Remedies
- Hair Loss Remedy
- Types of Hair Loss
- Herbal Shampoo Ingredients
- Hair Loss Video
Herbs used for Hair Loss Treatment
Since ages, herbs and natural products are being used to treat hair loss or other hair related problems all over the world. The list of regularly used herbs includes Aloe, Arnica, Birch, Burdock, Catmint, Chamomile, Horsetail, Licorice, Marigold, Nettles, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Southernwood, Stinging nettle, Psoralea seeds, Mulberries and Oyster. Hundreds of different herbs are being used alone or in various combinations. It has been proved that if used collectively, such herbs give excellent results because of their fantastic properties. Most of the herbs usually soothe or stimulate skin, dry or even moisten scalp, and/or tighten or ease the hair growth. In some cases these herbs are also used for healing, alleviating pains, dispel gas or even cleanse and purify the blood also.
Soy is also equally important in preventing the hair loss. When soy is digested in the stomach, it stops a hormone that fuels the prostate growth which causes baldness. As revealed in the journal, Biology of Reproduction, Japanese men who eat more soy seldom have prostate cancer. The male hormone DHT - a by-product of testosterone, has also been implicated in research into the causes of male pattern baldness. Licorice extracts may also help prevent the hair loss. Even Parsley when used as tea, strengthens the kidneys, and the tea made from raspberry or blackberry leaves is also considered good for kidneys. Horsetail is the good source of silica which helps to keep hair strong and giving it shiny and sleek looks. Scalp should be regularly massaged with tinctures of stinging nettle, birch, horsetail and rosemary for better hair growth stimulation, for disinfecting the scalp as well as for enhancing the blood circulations.
Here are some of the most common herbs for hair loss:
1. Rosmary (Rosmarinus in Latin)
– known for stimulating hair growth and for enhancing dark hair.
2. Dong Quai
– A Traditional Chinese herb that contains phytoestrogens that reduces the formation of DHT. Hence, Dong Quai is beleieved to stop hair loss and even regrow hair.
3. Saw Palmetto
– A small creeping palm - Also known as Serenoa repens. It contains free fatty acids and phytosterols, which block the formation of DHT and by inhibiting the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that contributes to androgenetic alopecia. and has shown to be more effective than Finasteride in some cases.
4. Aloe Vera
– Taken from the inner leaves of plants, it is a substance in a gel formation that is known for its ability to calm irritated skin. It protects the scalp and hair and also known as a good remedy against Alopecia. This plant has been proven to balance the pH level of the scalp, clean the hair follicles, and heal irritated skin. Applying the gel or liquid of this plant directly to the scalp can help activate two of the enzymes in the body that are responsible for normal hair growth.
– A type of hot peppers which stimulates hair growth by at least half and increases blood flow to the scalp. This herb is good for regrowing hair.
– A pale green stalk about 18 inches long. This herb stables oil product in the scalp. It also increases fullness and body to the hair.
7. Safflower, lavender, thyme, bay, and cedar essential oils
– These oils can stimulate the hair follicles into production, dilate blood vessels to boost blood flow, and relax the skin to prepare it for healing. Applying these oils, either alone or mixed with jojoba or grapeseed oil, can help promote hair growth in areas of temporary hair loss.
8. Onion Juice
– Some individuals experience great results from rubbing the cut side of a raw onion on the affected areas of the scalp. The high sulphur content of this vegetable may help heal the skin and stimulate hair follicle production.
– Another popular natural remedy for hair loss involves adding henna to your regular conditioner. The ingredients in henna can help heal the hair follicle and increase hair growth. It can also seal the cuticle of the hair thus making it stronger and more resistant to breakage.
10. Arnica, Brahmi, Jatamamsi, Dashamoola, Bhringaraj
– Some other popular and effective herbs used for treatment of hair loss are Arnica, Brahmi, Jatamamsi, Dashamoola and Bhringaraj.